Star Command currently allows characters to advance from 'Rookie' up to 'First Officer' by attaining experience points.
Ranks and Experience
- First Officer (FR) - 900
- Commander (CR) - 600
- Lieutenant Commander (LCR) - 450
- Lieutenant (LT) - 300
- Junior Lieutenant (JLT) - 200
- Chief (CHF) - 150
- Squaddie (SQ) - 90
- Ensign (EN) - 40
- Junior Ensign (JE) - 10
- Rookie (RK) - 0
- 'First Officer' is typically a position, not a rank, and usually refers to a captain's second-in-command. The ranking systems of both the Air Transport Auxilliary of the British Royal Air Force and the Women's Royal Naval Service retained a 'First Officer' rank (corresponding to the Royal Air Force rank of Flight Lieutenant and the Royal Navy rank of Lieutenant Commander, respectively).
- 'Chief' is an abbreviated form of address for Chief Petty Officer, an enlisted (non-commissioned officer) naval rank. As such, Chiefs are below Ensigns—the lowest naval commissioned officer rank—in standard naval rank structures.
- 'Squaddie' is a slang term for soldiers of the British Army.